Guide to Vietnam visa extension
How to extend Vietnam visa directly with the Vietnam Immigration Department?
This instruction is just applied for foreigners who entered Vietnam on visa waiver or tourist embassy visa, tourist visa on arrival and tourist electronic visa (Vietnam e-visa)
Normally, to extend your Vietnam Visa, you must have a sponsorship company. This company must be international travel company. They will take all responsibilities in case you do something bad in Vietnam.
What you need to do in case you cannot find any travel company to be your sponsor to help to extend your visa?
Your embassy or consulate of your country in Vietnam can be your sponsor. Please contact them directly to ask about this. They have solution to help their citizens.
After confirming with them, you need to complete the form NA5 (form NA5 according to the Ministry of Public Security’s Circular number 04/2015/TT-BCA dated January 05, 2015), bring to your embassy or consulate to stamp and sign. Please check with them the processing time to make sure you have enough time to do extension procedure.
Download the form NA5 for Vietnam visa extension here
One more document you need to prepare is the documents proving temporary residence declaration. To get this document, please contact your hotel reception or your landlord if you live in an apartment. They will contact with the local police to issue this document for you.
See the sample of temporary residence declaration paper here
When you have all document, please bring all to the Vietnam Immigration Department to ask for extension your visa.
Required documents to process the Visa extension by yourself:
– The form NA5 which is stamp and sign from travel company or your country embassy/consulate.
– Documents proving temporary residence declaration
– Original passport
Processing time and fee
– Time for processing is within 5 to 7 working days
– You can extend for more 30 days of staying
– Processing fee: 10.00 USD
Address of Immigration office where you can ask to extend your visa
* Here is the address of the three immigration offices:
– Immigration office in Hanoi: 44-46, Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh Ward, Hanoi City
Street directions: https://goo.gl/maps/vv2VSEi84nu5tNUu7
– Immigration office in Da Nang city: 78 Le Loi Street, Thach Thang Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang city
Street directions: https://goo.gl/maps/n5H4TophL1jdyoi36
– Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh city: 254 Nguyen Trai Street, Ward 6, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city
Street directions: https://g.page/quanlyxuatnhapcanh?share
– Morning: 08h00 – 11h30 (Monday to Saturday)
– Afternoon: 13h30 – 16h00 (Monday to Friday)